Wednesday, November 03, 2010

THE PROMISE

No, this is'nt about the  Kaige chen's movie the promised. Just last week, on a hiking trip I was so exited because I wanted to try out my new pair of shoes. After walking a couple of steps I found the ground was too slippery and reliased the wet condition on the ground might not be suitable for my shoes.
So I request the group of hikers to proceed to the hill while I go back to my car to change to a proper hiking shoes.I told them I will catch up with them as soon as I could. That was the promised.  Slowly but surely I make my way up and yelled out "I am back!" My friends were quite surprised and said wa so fast ah?  But  this is not what I am going to brag about, but rather it had me thinking about another promise,-a promise that was made many, many years ago.  Does this promise still hold true? These are my thoughts for the day.
In John 14:1-4, Jesus tells his disciples:

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."
Following verses gives some clue to his coming:-
For as lightling that comes even in the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky,and all the nations of the earth will moun.They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky,with power and great glory.
Matthew 24:27,30
Yes, waiting for something that looks like eternity and not going happen soon, requires patience and faith.
Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming.See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near. James 5:7,8
Remember God's clock and our clock are differrent:-
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: with the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness.He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:8,9
He left us with the final word in Revelation 22: 20."Yes I am coming soon"

0 comments:

Post a Comment