Sunday, May 02, 2010

Have I failed?

 The death of my beloved late grand mother, still has an effect on me. I still can't help asking myself have I failed.? Have I done my part being the leader that I am suppose to be?  why is it one , by one of my family members seems to abandon their faith?  Sure they make their own choice, but then I felt I am responsible. Yes, I have failed. It appear now I am the only one in the family who holding on to the faith. I was offer the joss stick many a time and each time I have to refuse them.Actually I was not totally alone,because one of my niece too did not took the joss stickl. I am thankful for the few friends from my cell group who turn up during one of the nights. Their presence was a welcome, after feeling so lonely, been alone making my stand.something good did come out of this experience, because my third uncle  ask me a question, can a christian take part in the ceremony? At first I thought  he was directing the question to me.I told him we can support with our presence but we can't take part in their ceremony and holding the joss stick is one of them. I was sure he was happy with my honest answer. Later he told me two of his children.(my cousins )were christians too. Praise the Lord I was not alone after all. I was then reminded of this verse found 1 Kgs. 19:1) "Yet I will leave seven thousand in Israel, all the knees that have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed him."

This morning while still thinking about what happen last sunday, I was encourage by this lovely song .Thank you worship team for selecting this song.God Bless you guys.





Darlene Zschech - The Potter's Hand



Beautiful Lord, Wonderful Saviour
I know for sure, all of my days are held in your hands, crafted
into your perfect plan
You gently call me into your presence guiding me by Your Holy Spirit
Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life through Your eyes
I'm captured by Your holy calling
Set me apart, I know you're drawing me to yourself
Lead me Lord I pray

Chorus:
Take me, Mould me, use me, fill me
I give my life to the Potter's hand
Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me
I give my life to the Potter's hand

you gentlly call me into your presence guidin me by your holy spirit
teach me dear lord to live through your eyes
i'm captured by you holy calling
set me apart, I know your drawing me to yourself
lead me lord i pray

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am also very confused when my uncle (in law) did not take the joss stick while participating in his mother funeral. he did wear the funeral cloths that as a son should wear when participating in the funeral but he refused to hold the joss stick. why? because he is a christian and joss stick is very much buddhism practice.

but my opinion. the joss stick if u use it to pray in the temple, it means buddhism. but if u use it to pray ur own mother, it is a CHINESE Tradition to pay ur respect to ur mother who pass away.

if ur mother did not stop u to be a christian while she is a buddhist, why as a son u have to think that buddhism is EVIL and everything that have anything to do with it is NO NO?

my brother is a christian, he still hold the joss stick n pray to our ancestors during ching meng as a way to pay respect to them. it is a CHINESE TRADITION, nothing to do with religions.

me, as a buddhist, i don't believe in joss stick as a way to pray to my GOD. i hold my hands n pray to the sky. that is good enough.

i use joss stick to pray to my anscestors as when they are alive they believe that joss stick is a way to pay respect.

hope u understand what i mean.

Post a Comment